Kernel Change Questions.

R Vijay spamtrap2 at noemail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:40:12 PST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:47:08 +0000
Matthew Burgess <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> In which case you might want to try out the bootcd at
> ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/pub/lfs-boot-cd
>
> It has all the packages you'll need and is running a host system recent
> enough for you to build LFS-6.0 from.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Matt.

That site didn't load. However, that idea helped but also hurt. I have Knoppix 3.6 CD that uses Linux Kernel 2.6.6
I could have used that and probably been done with this project by now.
I wasted a lot of time being discouraged, feeling low and side tracked !! Upgrading a kernel is a good project I thought. This is true. But learning LFS is more important. Also, there are Vanilla kernels for my distro but I didn't get that either. Somehow I got obsessed/side tracked with the idea of kernel change.

Still better late than never.

Vijay