Not able to boot after compilation

Your Name dj at fluidwebcreations.com
Fri Jan 14 13:39:05 PST 2005

Perhaps someone can point me to fixin' info...

LFS 6.0 system, set up 100% vanilla from the book, upon initial reboot
of the system, I get the message "Not syncing - can not open initial
console" and tells me to try passing an init string to the kernel.
Problem is, the book did not provide for this as far as I can tell, and
I am not sure what to pass to the kernel in the first place.  My
default distro doesn't have anything that is critical to operation
being passed in the first place, I don;t see what LFS would need.

All the information on the support archives seems to be geared to LFS
versions lower than the one that I am using (6.0 currently).  According
to a Google search of random postings, I think the kernel is correct
for 2.6.8(.1) kernel (hotplug, devfs).

Thanks.

DJ
dj at fluidwebcreations.com