LFS 6.0 kernel 2.6.8.1 -> 2.6.10 ?

Peter Karlsson petekarl at student.chalmers.se
Thu Jan 13 15:11:40 PST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Steve Crosby wrote:

> no - the linux-libc-headers are (as the name suggests) headers for use by
> libc (and other apps) not the kernel. When a new package is built that
> references the linux-libc-headers, it must use the same version as that
> used to build libc, so the ABI stays the same.

Hmmm... I thought that glibc should always be rebuilt whenever you install
a new kernel. This is how gentoo does it; whenever a new kernel is
installed one emerges (compiles & installs) glibc, to be able to use new
functions that the new kernel support. I don't know if it's the "correct"
way though.

Best regards

Peter K

--