problems with gcc 3.4.1 Pass2 LFS 6.0

Max Hegele maximilian.hegele at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Jan 12 10:03:01 PST 2005

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> Did you check config.log for more details? Most likely when you have
> adjusted specs file for gcc you didn't specify correct so loader. In
> /tools/lib/ you should have ld-linux-x86-64.so.2. The same shall be
> placed into specs file.

You were right, the specs file generated from the source from gcc3.4.1,
located in gcc-build/gcc/specs was wrong. The Linker should be in
/tools/lib64 according to this specs file, and there was no linker!

My solution for this was to link the directory /tools/lib to
/tools/lib64, I think this problem will occur more often if this link
isn't set!

Thanks for your help!