system refuses to reboot

Poonchezhian P. pchez at mail.cyberneme.com
Wed Jan 12 02:20:16 PST 2005

Hi,

Check whether you have included your kernel configuration in the grub file
"menu.lst"

The format should be as below :

title LFS 6.0
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /lfskernel-xxxxx ro root=< device holding the lfs root>

You can edit the grub from the bootloader screen.
Also if you are using a PIV m/c include "acpi=off" & "noapic" to your kernel
parameters.

--
Poonchezhian P.
Email : pchez at mail.cyberneme.com