Mounting a FC3 partition in LFS

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Sun Jan 9 08:48:12 PST 2005

Hi,

My /home partition was formatted by Fedora Core 3. I would like to be able
to use this as the /home partition for my LFS system. Unfortunately, as has
been previously discussed here, FC3's mke2fs adds extra flags/options to
the partition that cause LFS to not be able to mount it on startup. I can,
however, mount it once I'm in my LFS system.

Why can I mount it manually, but not through /etc/fstab?
Is there an option I must pass to fstab get this to work?

-mk