Setup for re-installable LFS

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Sun Jan 9 08:42:44 PST 2005

Hi,

I want to be on the bleeding edge all the time, and this means rebuilding
my LFS system often. I want, however to keep all of my settings intact, to
reduce the disruption to both me and (more importantly) my wife.
This would for sure entail having a separate partition for /home, and I'm
guessing for /etc as well to preserve passwd, group and other such files.

Is there a hint or a way you've done this to allow you to reformat and
rebuild your LFS at will without losing your important settings?

-mk