glibc fails when using nALFS 1.2.4 and LFS book 6.0-1

Richard Betel emteeoh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 20:09:50 PST 2005

I'm having a bit of a problem: glibc's first build in chapter 5 fails
because autoconf.h is not in /mnt/lfs/tools/glibc_kernheaders/linux

I have the linux 2.6.8 kernel sources in a different tree on the same
box, and the kernel I built there is the currently booted one, so I
looked in there in include/linux and there was an autoconf.h, looking
good.

I've just copied that autoconf.h over to tools/glibc_kernheaders/linux
and restarted the make to see what happens, but I'm quite confused how
it happened at all. It looks like the previous step (making the kernel
headers) made a copy of  tools/linux-2.6.8.1/include/linux/* to
tools/glibc_kernheaders *AND* there is an autoconf.h in that source
directory. So I don't know how it didn't get into the destination
directory. Any ideas?

I should probably mention that I am building on a DEC Alpha. The
current system is a Gentoo that I just installed, and then I manually
upgraded the kernel to 2.6 myself earlier this afternoon.