Questions regarding the final stages of LFS install

Casey James Price linuxproject at aws-sj.com
Sat Jan 8 13:59:48 PST 2005

Ok it looked as if this would work, but it still did not. I went through my
config and changed a few modules to be built in, because I realized I had
all of the IDE stuff supporting my Harddrive built as modules. It looked as
if it would get a little bit further, because it took a bit longer on
boot...but still panicked with:
"VFS: Cannot open root device 'hda4' or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct 'root=/boot' option
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)"

So what might you suggest now?

Thanks,

Casey