BUG build LFS 5.1.1

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Fri Jan 7 13:34:49 PST 2005

Schafer Frank wrote:
> I didn't succeed with a LFS 6.0 build yesterday (make check for gcc
 > failed) but it's possibly my fault. So I returned to 5.1.1. Glibc
 > configuration failed due to a missing switch for ld if the system is
 > built with binutils-2.14. One will need Binutils-2.15.
> This error was reproduced on LFS (from stoneage ;), Gentoo, Fedora,
 > Aurox, Debian.
> One will have to build M4, Bison and Flex in this order before binutils
> to be able to build it in chapter 6.

I'm going to assume for a moment that you're talking about the
--as-needed flag, although that doesnt particularly make sense when
building from an ancient LFS host. The problem with not having
--as-needed is fixed with some gcc -B hackery. That is all over the
lists if you just run a search for it. If you gave a more specific error
it would be easier to help you through your problem. Also, if you
provided the make check error you were getting with LFS 6 it would be
possible to try to help you through that as well.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182