About the included CD

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Jan 6 13:26:14 PST 2005

John Gay wrote:

>On Thursday 06 January 2005 19:17, roger21 wrote:
>

>>ok i found it in the packages section
>>but since there are 3 differents ones (Jeremy Utley, Chris Lingard &
>>Jeremy Huntwork) I've got few more questions: is there a cd which a
>>should prefer?
>>

>It's much of a muchness to the different CD's. They do include slightly
>different packages, last I checked. Chris' CD has developed with LFS over
>quite some time. It's also included a basic X system and a few other useful,
>non-LFS tools. Jeremy Utley's, As I understand it, was an expansion on
>Chris's CD with some newer versions of tools, and slightly different
>selection. Jeremy Huntwork's, it seems, is the official LFS boot CD meant to
>be included in the printed version of the book. Though I have not checked
>lately.

Important thing to note - My bootcd is a) no longer really available
anywhere and b) not suitable for building LFS versions after 5.1.1.
Jeremy H's is pretty darn close to my cd, but since it uses a 2.6
kernel, makes a suitable host for everything up to the most current
unstable code.  Jeremy H's is also the one that is supposed to be
included with the printed LFS 6 book, however, since printing still
isn't yet complete, noone's sure on that.

-J-