problems with iproute in lfs 6.0

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Thu Jan 6 12:22:10 PST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 19:52, Matthias B. wrote:
> Simple, easy to understand, easy to extend. This is KISS. This should be
> in LFS.
> LFS is not a distro. LFS needs to show people how to write their own boot
> scripts. It's NOT LFS's job to provide a FRAMEWORK for doing network
> initialization.

I support this idea. I know very little in the way of script programming and
many of the boot scripts are not clear to me.

I don't expect LFS to teach me script programming, but I would hope the
scripts would be easy enough to figure out knowing only basic programming
concepts.

Having said that, the ones I have looked at were not extremely difficult to
puzzle out. But if it can be done in a clearer way, with plenty of comments
to help explain things, that can only be a good thing.

Maybe it would be helpful to add more detail in the book regarding the boot
scripts encouraging readers to become familiar with the programming style and
how the various scripts relate to each other as well.

Or maybe just a pointer to a good reference in boot script programming (-;

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Cheers,

	John Gay