Processes going defunct inside of chroot

Your Name dj at fluidwebcreations.com
Thu Jan 6 06:00:03 PST 2005

...wow...

Thanks.  Went back and reread the sections and list archives and am
guessing that sleep before attempting to build LFS would have been a
good thing!

Thanks much!

DJ
dj at fluidwebcreations.com

--

Your Name wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Not sure if this is related to the issues in the archive, doesn't
quite
>seem the same.  I am building LFS6.0 stable, into chapter 6 now.
When
>I enter the chroot environment use any tools built in chapter 5, they
>always hang when they exit.  The only way to get the terminal back is
>to log into another one and kill the now <defunct> process.  Any idea
>what I did wrong?  Any other information needed?
>
>Thanks.
>
>DJ
>dj at fluidwebcreations.com

You're using a newer glibc snapshot than what is specified in the LFS
6.0 book, and didn't apply an essential patch to bash (the WCONTINUED
patch).

-J-