problems with iproute in lfs 6.0

Schafer Frank Frank.Schafer at t-systems.cz
Wed Jan 5 06:43:06 PST 2005

Due to the docs in /usr/share/doc/iproute*/

	# Ip addr add the.ali.as.adr dev eth0 label eth0:1

should work for ip-aliasing with iproute2.

I can't proove this now because I've replaced iproute2 by the (formerly
used) net-tools. That's not because I don't know how to work with ``ip''
to set up interfaces. I need the netstat command or a replacement and I
didn't find anything appropriate within iproute2.

Regards
Frank