hostap

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Jan 5 05:24:25 PST 2005

Schafer Frank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've plugged a Prism2.5 WiFi PCI card on a system meant to act as an AP.
> The card works fine with the Orinoco driver in managed mode.
> Yesterday I built the hostap driver. The card gets active when I
> modprobe the driver
>
> # modprobe hostap_pci
> # lsmod
> hostap_pci 1 hostap
> hostap     0
> #
>
> ... and due to the controls of the card it's working.
>
> The whorse side: no wlan# device is coming up. Could this be an udev
> issue?

No. There should be no /dev/wlan* in any case (this was a FAQ in the past).

But, unfortunately, wireless cards are not supported by LFS at all, so you
should install wireless-tools yourself without any hint, and modify the
network bootscripts (or write your own replaceent) to call iwconfig for you
with the relevant parameters (read the manual page).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov