Using the LFS as a standalone OS

Poonchezhian P. pchez at mail.cyberneme.com
Mon Jan 3 21:06:55 PST 2005

Hi,

I started building LFS 6.0 with Fedora Core 3 as my base OS. The LFS 6.0 lies
in separate 20GB HDD partitioned for a separate "/", "/boot", "/var", "/home"
partitions. Initially while starting the installation, I started with the LFS
HDD as "hdb" and once the installation was over, I tried booting the HDD from
the same. But it said file system error. Ext2 has some unsupported features.
Look for the latest version of e2fsprogs program. Later when I tried to boot
the machine with the HDD as "hda" the OS stops booting after the step

NET: Registered protocol family 17

What could be the problem? I'm doing this for running a custom built server
binary. Please do help me.
--
Poonchezhian P.
Email : pchez at mail.cyberneme.com