login problem

thorsten fly_a320 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 3 01:41:51 PST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Hello agin,do as root

ifconfig
there should be a interface in the listing called lo, containing the line
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING

if not, do:
ifconfig lo up
if this works, do again
ifconfig
and check the lo as above

if there is now a interface lo UP LOOPBACK RUNNING then try again to login

SORRY, DISREGARD THE BELOW, IT WAS CRAP, the loopback device driver
below is something different than I meant...
if there still is no interface called lo UP then do
cd /boot
cat config-lfskernel | grep LOOP
this should print CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y
if not, you have to recompile your kernel with loopback device enabled

thorsten