Linux Standards

Vlado Jokic vlado at digitalthinker.org
Sun Feb 27 11:32:42 PST 2005

Hi folks,

I have just finished installing my very own LFS system and have had a great
lot of fun doing it. As advertised, I have learned a whole lot about Linux,
the system setup, and a lot of the conventions, and in the meantime compiled
a very lean, stable, and solid system (just the way I like them).

What I'd like to ask about though is the Linux standards and LFS. How
closesly does LFS follow the Linux standards, and is there somewhere that I
can see a list of things that are potentially different than the official
standards? The reason why I ask this is because I'd like to learn what the
set standards are, compare them to LFS and other distributions in order to
increase my awareness and knowledge of how different systems are set up and
such.

Thanks in advance,

Vlado