Can we discuss about Kernel support USB storages device? Thanks.

Steven B SilverspurG at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 16:17:43 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:29:29 +0100, Paul wrote:

> How can I connect my camera, my Palm Pilot and my Webcam to my PC without
> using USB?  I'm just as confused about USB as Randy is, if not more, but
> do we have another choice?

No.  There is no other choice.  USB had to kill all potential competitors
to secure its spot on the market and jealously guards it using patents and
marketplace position.  Before there was USB there were other
conceptualizations of a multi-device system.  One such idea used a scsi
subsystem with various connectors available.  No need for an entirely new
bus spec.

USB was initially marketed as a bus to end all buses.  Soon everything
would be usb.  The entire world would experience happiness and
functionality never before dreamed because usb was going to solve all the
hassles.

Uh-huh.