LFS 6.0: Section 5.13 (GCC-3.4.1/Pass 2): "asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory"

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Fri Feb 25 20:43:42 PST 2005

Nitebirdz wrote:

>Well, apparently that was precisely the problem.  Running the following
>commands appeared to solve the errors:
>
>  $ cd /tools/include
>
>  $ ln -s ../glibc-kernheaders/asm-generic/ asm-generic
>

>Now, I may have missed this in the book, but I think I was doing right.
>If it turns out it wasn't my mistake, how do I report a "bug" in the book?

There's no bug in the book.  It's very obvious that somehow, you placed
raw kernel headers into /tools/include as well as /tools/glibc-kernheaders.

Your previous post showed /tools/include/asm/errno.h as specifically
including asm-generic/errno.h.  This would indicate that
/tools/include/asm/errno.h has come from the kernel sources, not
linux-libc-headers.  The linux-libc-headers version of errno.h should
look like this:

#ifndef _I386_ERRNO_H
#define _I386_ERRNO_H

#ifndef _LINUX_ERRNO_H