LFS 6.0: Section 5.13 (GCC-3.4.1/Pass 2): "asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory"

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Fri Feb 25 20:28:25 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:04:54 -0600, Nitebirdz wrote:

>> Have you checked to see if /tools/include/asm/errno.h even exists?
>>

> Yes, it does exist.  Here are its contents:
>
> --------------------------------
> #ifndef _I386_ERRNO_H
> #define _I386_ERRNO_H
>
> #include <asm-generic/errno.h>
>
> #endif
> --------------------------------
>
> Hmmm, that "<asm-generic/errno.h>" bothers me a little bit.  I see no such
> "asm-generic" directory under my "/tools/include" directory at all.  I do
> have it under "/tools/glibc-kernheaders" and, of course, also under
> kernel's include directory.  Now, according to the instructions in page 66
> this is correct:
>
> mkdir /tools/glibc-kernheaders
> cp -HR include/asm /tools/glibc-kernheaders
> cp -R include/asm-generic /tools/glibc-kernheaders

Well, apparently that was precisely the problem.  Running the following
commands appeared to solve the errors:

  $ cd /tools/include

  $ ln -s ../glibc-kernheaders/asm-generic/ asm-generic

Now, I may have missed this in the book, but I think I was doing right.
If it turns out it wasn't my mistake, how do I report a "bug" in the book?