Strange problem with posix timers

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Feb 25 14:04:53 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:47:40 -0500
kaladen <kaladen at cox.net> wrote:

> lanas wrote:

> >   I get the following rather strange error when compiling glibc (LFS
> > 5.1.1) in Chap 05.

> > ../sysdeps/unix/clock_nanosleep.c:59: undefined reference to
> > `__libc_missing_posix_timers'

> Usually when I have problems with undefined references it is a header
> problem.

That was it, thanks for the hint.  Before doing another build I've added
a few packages and made minor changes here and there and one was
changing the kernel for a TimeSys real-time kernel (of the 2.4.18
series) - not a minor change, this one.  It turns out that glibc (even
glibc standard from the 2.2.5 series) won"t compile against the headers
provided by this kernel.

Cheers,

Al