Compiling 2.6.10 kernel

Kenneth Howlin howlink at tpg.com.au
Fri Feb 25 06:11:23 PST 2005

Sorry, I was wrong.

There must have been something else I changed
to enable creation of the device necessary device nodes.
In retrospect, it had nothing to do with changing the kernel, since the
nodes
are now created when I boot the 2.6.8.1 kernel.
Your other assessment was also correct.  If I remove the names of the
necessary modules from /etc/sysconfig/modules, then the nodes are not
created and there is certainly no dynamic  loading of the usb-related
modules.

Still I am pleased that I can now mount my devices and sorry if my initial
conclusion might have lead anyone up a blind street.

	Ken.