File System Issues during bootup

Steve Crosby fost at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:04:33 PST 2005

"Sparhawk" <sparhawk at idirect.ca> wrote in
news:20050224031812.77C9EEFB48 at nova.appliedsystems.ca:

> I can confirm that Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.0 suffers from this same
> problem as well.  After completing the steps outlined below you
> receive the following msg upon rebooting to LFS.
>
> Filesystem contains large files, but lacks LARGE_FILE flag in
> superblock.
>
> You are then instructed to run e2fsck manually without -a or -p
> options. When you do this from redhat it fixes the filesystem by
> re-adding the large_file option back to the filesystem.
>
> Should this version of redhat be added to the bug as well?

although it's not documented that I could see quickly, the large_file
capability appears to already be in e2fsprogs upstream - so you only need
to remove the resize_inode capability, which the e2fsprogs from LFS 6.0 and
earlier can't understand.

An alternative is to use version 1.36 of e2fsprogs in LFS, which seems to
have implemented the resize_inode capability.

-- -
Steve Crosby