Kernel Panic!

Giulio Daprela gdaprela at email.it
Wed Feb 23 04:29:39 PST 2005

> VFS: Cannot open root device 'hdb5' or unknown block (3,69)
> Please append a correct "root=" boot option'
> Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block
> (3,69)
>

> # The first entry is for LFS.
> title Crystal
> root (hd1,4)
> kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-crystal root=/dev/hdb5
> initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-crystal.img

I have the same problem. Try to modify the line in the menu.lst
like the following:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-crystal root=03:69

03 and 69 are the major and minor number of the hdb5 partition.
It's a hint that I found in the help of the kernel configuration.
If this line works that means that your sysf is not mounted
properly. If not, the the problem is more critical.

With this line my LFS can boot, and I could work, but I'm investigating
why I could not use root=hdb3 and what's wrong with my sysf.

Giulio

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a
dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi clicca qui

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2907&d=20050223