Problems while Login to LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 21 14:46:55 PST 2005

On February 21, 2005 03:22 pm, Phoe6 wrote:
> I also want to inform this( if its related or not): while booting up
> the lfs is prompting me to enter the run level
> Enter Run Level:
> I enter 3 and it proceeds and then comes this  login problem.

That's not normal.

That hints towards your /etc/inittab file not being correct. I suggest
removing /etc/inittab from LFS and re-creating it. The correct file is in
chapter 6-Sysvinit.

It might be a case that the agetty in inittab aren't correct either causing
login problem. Recreating /etc/inittab properly may take care of both these
issues.

--
Gerard Beekmans