File System Issues during bootup

Phoe6 orsenthil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:53:37 PST 2005

> On February 20, 2005 02:25 pm, Phoe6 wrote:
> > > 1) Which version of e2fsprogs did you install in chapter 6 of LFS?
> >
> > e2fsprogs-1.35
> >
> > > 2) Which version of e2fsprogs is installed in Fedora Core 3?
> > e2fsprogs-1.35-11.2
>
> That doesn't look like it would be a problem. Unless FC3 applies some patches,
> who knows.
>
> There is a newer e2fsprogs out, version 1.36. The installation instructions
> are the same as LFS-6.0's e2fsprogs 1.35. Boot into FC3, mount the LFS
> partition and enter chroot. Install 1.36:
>
>  mkdir build
>  cd build
>  ../configure --prefix=/usr --with-root-prefix="" \
>   --enable-elf-shlibs --disable-evms
>  make
>  make install
>  make install-libs
>
> Exit chroot, unmount LFS, reboot into LFS and see if it works better now.

Gerard,

Using e2fsprogs out, version 1.36 solved this problem!!
Thank you :) very much.

I guess the lfs online should be updated to use e2fsprogs out, version
1.36 instead of 1.35 if people are using Fedora Core 3 as the host
system.

Regards,
Senthil

http://usr.blogspot.com

--
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. -- Blaise Pascal