make modules_install gives errors

Phoe6 orsenthil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:02:49 PST 2005

> > I remember having installed  6.49. Module-Init-Tools-3.0 packages.
>
> Which LFS version are you following by the way?
I am using LFS 6.0 online version.

> If so, the files ended up in /usr/sbin rather than /sbin. See if the following
> files exist in /usr/sbin now:
>
>  insmod modprobe rmmod depmod modinfo insmod.static
>
> You should be able to move those to /sbin and not reinstall the whole package.
> I haven't tested it, but I don't see a reason why that wouldn't work.

You were right Gerard. I found those files in the /usr/sbin and I
promptly moved them to /sbin. I went ahead with the kernel compilation
step again and this this make modules_install worked fine!

Thanks!

I have a related query, when I did a kernel compilation for the second
time, it did not create a bzImage file.
/pwd$ cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/lfskernel-2.6.8.1
cp: cannot stat 'arch/i386/bzImage': No such file or directory. But as
I had the lfskernel file at /boot, I ignored this. Do you any reason
for such a  behaviour ( non creation of bzImage?)

Regards,
Senthil