kernel panic :No init found.try passing INIT=option to kernel

sunils at compucomtech.co.in sunils at compucomtech.co.in
Sun Feb 20 22:54:13 PST 2005

hello,
i am new bie to linux ,i made LFS-5.1 successfully.now i want to make LIVE
CD of lfs , so in that direction i follow algorithm and try to make cd but
when it boot from CD ram0 is mounted as root file system but after it
shows message :  kernel panic : No init found .try passing INIT=option to
kernel and refuses to procede further.
I searched in FAQ's but not able to find hint.
My kernel is comipled with INITAL Ram disk support also, and int grub
menu.lst
my enteries are
kernel --no-mem-option /boot/kernelimage root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc
initrd /boot/initrd.gz
plz suggest me where i go wrong or  what to do in order to overcome the
problem.
Thanx in advance.
Regards
Narendra