How to unset any environment variables during make LFS

Bluesheet bluesheet at doramail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:42:53 PST 2005

Dear all,
I am a newbie of LFS, I following the install guide for building LFS, but I
have a question about some chapter that said "Before starting to build
Binutils, remember to unset any environment variables that override the
default optimization flags". I want to know how to unset all the environment
variables? Is something like that ...

unset CC CXX CPP LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_PRELOAD

If I didn't unset the environment variable, what will happen when during
making LFS?

Thanks all.

Regards.