gcc pass 1 ?

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Tue Feb 15 19:01:42 PST 2005

tom wrote:

>In the SVN version theres  a line CC="gcc -B/usr/bin" .. is this right? in
>testing its not there? what does it do if I may ask?

That is slated for removal soon.  It's there to side-step situations
where the hosts toolchain may be newer than the toolchain we're
building, so may support additional features.  For example, LFS 5.1.1
used binutils 2.14, and would fail compilation on a Fedora Core 2 host,
because FC2 supported the --as-needed flag in binutils, while ours did not.

-J-