Kernel panic problem and unable to chroot

Phoe6 orsenthil at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:11:04 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:23:40 -0700, Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On February 12, 2005 07:57 am, senthil at puggy.symonds.net wrote:
> > I am unable to chroot to LFS.
>
> Before you run chroot, make sure /mnt/lfs/usr/bin/env actually exists.
>
> If not, you are missing env and that's a sign of trouble. You might be missing
> other files too. Maybe the wrong partition was mounted?

Thanks a lot for your reply Gerard. I did as you suggested and and
found that /mnt/lfs/usr/bin/env file does not exists :(
I dont think a wrong partition is mounted because, I am keeping a note
of my work and  I have always used /dev/hda4 and $LFS for all these.

How could this behaviour occur? As I mention in the previous email,
after the complete installation of LFS, when faced a problem in grub I
rebooted to  FC3 ->chroot'ed -> changed menu.lst  but at this kernel
panic problem due to init, when I go to FC3 and chroot - its getting
me a failure.

One more query I have is, if I create a console file for LFS, from the
root of FC3 hostsystem has this any chance of solving the problem? (
lemme try this as well)

Senthil

--
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of. -- Blaise Pascal