Installation of Binutils

John Wildberger wildberger at cogeco.ca
Sat Feb 12 18:57:08 PST 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 07:11 pm, Ian Molton wrote:

> There are no stupid questions. However some are basic enough that you
> should be able to work them out.
>
> given resources here are limited (unless you plan to pay us for support)
> then I think its reasonable that you work some of the basic stuff out
> for yourself.
>
> If you at least show that you've made a valiant attempt ("I tried XYZ
> but it failed...") then you are more likely to get a response.
>
> People here DO like to help newbies who lack even the basic knowledge
> expected by the book, but the same people do expect the new users to
> exhibit some ability to learn for themselves.

I wonder what all the fuss is about my simple question to clarify for me  what
directory I have to be in to execute certain operations.
What is basic for some is not basic for others. I fail to see why it is
necessary to give a longwinded explanations why I ask the question and what
steps I have made to find the answer. I also fail to see why it is necessary
to demonstrate my ability to learn. It was my first question I ever posted to
this forum and I am disappointed by the responses that attacked me personally
by questioning my knowledge, my learning ability and my willingness to learn.
Nobody is forced to spend some time to provide an answer. Volunteer or no
volunteer. A lot of people find great satisfaction by helping others.  I am
one of them.
If I read someones question and I happen to know the answer, I give it
willingly without all the extraneous innuendos.
Cheers,
John