Installation of Binutils

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Feb 12 16:11:48 PST 2005

John Wildberger wrote:
> On Saturday 12 February 2005 06:14 pm, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
>

>>To be honest with you, you give the impression that you cannot be
>>bothered to do the basic research that a project like LFS involves, and
>>expect the mailing list to help you with problems that would be solved
>>with just a little effort on your part.
>
> Sorry I misunderstood the purpose of a support mailing list. I wonder what
> type of questions would qualify to find your approval?

There are no stupid questions. However some are basic enough that you
should be able to work them out.

given resources here are limited (unless you plan to pay us for support)
then I think its reasonable that you work some of the basic stuff out
for yourself.

If you at least show that you've made a valiant attempt ("I tried XYZ
but it failed...") then you are more likely to get a response.

People here DO like to help newbies who lack even the basic knowledge
expected by the book, but the same people do expect the new users to
exhibit some ability to learn for themselves.