Installing LFS on hd[x] for another machine

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sat Feb 12 06:08:06 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

  I'd like to do this: use my machine to configure (appropriately) and
install LFS on /dev/hdb and then take this hdb drive and put it in
another machine as its one-and-only hda drive so that it can boot from
it.

  Build and configuring LFS is no problem, but I'm stumped at which lilo
(or grub) options I should use to make hdb bootable so that it can also
boot when it is put as hda in the other machine.

  Has anyone tried that already and if so, what would be the 'special'
lilo (or grub) command to accomplish this ?

Cheers,

Al