LFS for PowerPC

J. Greenlees jaqui at telus.net
Thu Feb 10 16:49:39 PST 2005

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, William wrote:
>>

>>> My experience with LFS on my mac
>>>
>>> I use a powermac 6500 with a 603ev processor. It is a nice old world
>>> mac.
>>>

>> Cool, I didn't realise anybody was running LFS on old-world.  Yet
>> another variation in the boot loader department (quik?).
>>
>> Ken
>>

> I've got LFS on an Old World machine as well (9500/120, 604e processor,
> 96MB Ram).
>
> Instead of quik, I'm using the very antique BootX as a bootloader - the
> build is LFS-6 based, but using LinuxThreads instead of NPTL, since NPTL
> on PPC requires at least a G3 Processor.
>
> -J-
this one I'm trying to get running is a g3.
with  768 mb ram and a 6 gb hard drive.
it doesn't have an os on it at all right now, as the macosx install
failed. and the bootable mdkppc won't boot.

so now I'm going to have to figure out how to get a ppc boot disk
recognised by this thing to install anything on it.