forcefsck for all

Peter Karlsson petekarl at student.chalmers.se
Thu Feb 10 08:15:16 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Benoît VILA wrote:

> i was trying to use the -F option with shutdown to automaticly check my
> hard drives at boot time but this only work for /dev/hda1 (/boot), i was
> wondering if it is because the other ones (hd3 for / and hda4 for /home)
> use ext3fs instead of ext2fs, is there a way to manage that ?

Don't know if I've missed something here but generally you set the
priority in /etc/fstab. In fstab there's a field (column) called pass and
if there's a zero in this, fsck (which checks the fs) will ignore it.
Priority 1 means this will be fsck'ed (no pun intended) first, with #2

Here's my (partial) fstab:

/dev/hda1    /boot      ext2    noauto,noatime       1 2
/dev/hda2    /          ext3    noatime              0 1
/dev/hda3    /home      ext3    noatime,nodev,nosuid 0 2
/dev/hda5    /opt       ext3    noatime,nodev        0 2
/dev/hda6    /usr       ext3    noatime,nodev        0 2
/dev/hda7    /tmp       ext3    noatime,nodev,nosuid 0 2
/dev/hda8    /var       ext3    noatime,nodev        0 2

Best regards

Peter K

--
We Can Put an End to Word Attachments: