LFS 6.1 - Why?

Punkie Punkie at CyberPunksNation-NOSPAM.org
Wed Feb 9 18:19:15 PST 2005

Hi guys,

I noticed there's work in progress about LFS 6.1 already. I have just
recently finished LFS 6.0 and I was wondering - Why this new version?

 From the change log I can see that some of the packages have been
updated, but no other indication of what is different than 6.0 is made.

Would it be possible to include a... slightly more detailed Change Log?
For example: "Changed the build instructions for make 3.80" (make 3.80
appears in both LFS 6.0 and the development version of LFS 6.1 from
2005-02-05). It would make more sense to me to find out if there has
been a change to correct an issue which might eventually break my system
in any way, read up on it and eventually apply to my LFS system instead
of restarting my work or completely disregarding the 6.1 version.

For your information, LFS is my "production" system (I use it on my
personal computer) so I don't try to stay up to date with absolutely
every new release (of LFS or individual packages).

If there is a valid reason for the change log to be so spartan, please
share it with me - and what I can do to view the changes that interest me.