Completed Ch 4.4, Now Cannot Login

jetfirespam jetfirespam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 11:39:24 PST 2005

I have just completed chapter 4.4 of LFS 6.0, setting
up the environment via the new bash files as directed.
Now, I cannot log in again as my unprivileged user. I
can log in as root just fine, and the superuser (su)
command allows me become the lesser user, but the main
Red Hat 8.0 login prompt denies me. Whenever I try, a
dialogue box reports:

"Your session lasted less than 10 seconds. If you have
not logged out yourself, this could mean that there is
some installation problem or you may be out of disk
space. Try logging in with one of the failsafe
sessions to see if you can fix this problem."

When I trying looking at the offered
~/.xsession-errors file, it is completely blank.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.