framebuffer

Andrei A. Voropaev av at simcon-mt.com
Tue Feb 8 00:41:05 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:20:17PM +0300, B. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What I must to compile into kernel to get 1024x768x32(or 24) @ 85 Hz
> framebuffer on my nVidia GeForce 2 ?
>
> vga=ask on passed to kernel by grub doesn't shows any grafical modes,
> but my monitor shows that 640x480 mode set up.
>
> Thanks.

For 2.6.10 kernel make menuconfig: Device Drivers -> Graphics support ->
Check "Support for frame buffer devices", check "Vesa VGA graphics
support", probably "NVidia Riva support", ->  Console display driver
support, check "Video mode selection support", check "Frame buffer
console support". Go back to Graphics support and then -> Logo
configuration. Check everything there. The last step gives you the logo
on boot up. But it's somewhat buggy/strange. The logo does not go away
untill you switch virtual consoles one time :)

Try passing vga=792 to your kernel.

HTH