Starter Problem with Binutils.

spamtrap2 at noemail.com spamtrap2 at noemail.com
Sun Feb 6 13:51:49 PST 2005

> cd binutils-2.14
>
> then continue with the grey boxes, letter by letter. don't change a bit.
> you do not need to sudo or become in any other way root at the moment,
> the reason is, you are going to build your programs within
> /mnt/hdb7/tools or sources in which user lfs has write permission.
>
> Good luck
>
> Thorsten Happel

I am lost at this step. Where should I do the following two steps ? This is where the confusion starts.

The Binutils documentation recommends building Binutils outside of the source directory in a dedicated build directory:

mkdir ../binutils-build
cd ../binutils-build

a) The way I understand the above is to make /mnt/dev/hdb7/build/binutils-build

b) Or should it be made as ../binutils-2.14/binutils-build

Which is correct ?

Thanks.

Vijay