Starter Problem with Binutils.

thorsten fly_a320 at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 11:15:27 PST 2005

Hello again,

I reread your previous postings and I would suggest the following:

Start all over again at the beginning, this time NOT changing any
Commands the book tells you. From your postings I saw, that your lfs
Partition seems to be mounted on /mnt/hdb5 or something. Use /mnt/lfs
instead.
Only use the commands within gray Background, NOT some "sudo time
{./configure ......} stuff or you will mess up. With the sudo command
you are installing something as root, which should be installed as user lfs.
Another point is: are your sourcefiles within your lfs partition? they
should be in /mnt/lfs/sources and nowhere else.

regards Thorsten Happel