glibc-2.3.4-20040701 make check failure

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Feb 3 14:48:33 PST 2005

Shane Johnson wrote:

>I am building LFS 6.0 with Knoppix3.7 that is running a 2.6.9 kernel and
>gcc-3.3.5 in run level 2.  I have a PIII 667 Mhz processor with 128 Mb
>memory.
>
>I am trying to build glibc-2.3.4-20040701 as per the books instructions and
>each time the make check fails on the nptl tests.  Specifically on the
>/nptl/tst-clock2 and other clock tests.  I would seem to be a permissions
>problem cause I can change the permissions and manually run the test but I
>can't get make check to work.  ( I am guessing that it is recreating the
>files each time.)  Am I on the right track on this?  I have searched the
>list and found a thread that suggested using linuxthreads instead of nptl
>but that didn't work either.  As far as I know I haven't deviated from the
>book at all.
>
>Thanks
>Shane

Shane - is this during Chapter 5 or Chapter 6 build of glibc?  If it's
during the chapter 5, I probably wouldn't worry about it - testsuites in
chapter 5 rely so much on the host, and Knoppix CD's make acceptable,
but not perfect hosts.  I've seen some of the clock tests fail before in
chapter 5 myself, but pass in the chapter 6 build.

-J-