glibc-2.3.4-20040701 make check failure

Shane Johnson sdj at RasmussenEquipment.com
Thu Feb 3 14:19:48 PST 2005

I am building LFS 6.0 with Knoppix3.7 that is running a 2.6.9 kernel and
gcc-3.3.5 in run level 2.  I have a PIII 667 Mhz processor with 128 Mb
memory.

I am trying to build glibc-2.3.4-20040701 as per the books instructions and
each time the make check fails on the nptl tests.  Specifically on the
/nptl/tst-clock2 and other clock tests.  I would seem to be a permissions
problem cause I can change the permissions and manually run the test but I
can't get make check to work.  ( I am guessing that it is recreating the
files each time.)  Am I on the right track on this?  I have searched the
list and found a thread that suggested using linuxthreads instead of nptl
but that didn't work either.  As far as I know I haven't deviated from the
book at all.

Thanks
Shane