Runlevels and poweroff

Peter B. Steiger WYpbs_003 at bornagain.com
Sun Sep 26 11:55:04 PDT 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:02:14 -0500, Kevin Alm sez:
> Just to be sure you know apm=power_off    not   apm=power-off.
> An underscore _ not a hyphen -

Right.  When it didn't work (actually it rebooted, which I suppose is
better than nothing) I switched to the hyphen in case that was a typo.
Interestingly, a google for apm=power-off (hyphen) turns up far more hits
than apm=power_off (underscore)... but as the folks on Millionaire find
out occasionally, just because the majority of the audience gives the same
answer doesn't mean it's the right one.

--
peter b. steiger
cheyenne, WY