Distro for building LFS

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Mon Sep 20 16:28:30 PDT 2004

Hi Jeremy,
<icedown at icedown.net> wrote:
> > > I am using Fedora Core 2 to attempt to build LFS. I have run
> > > into problem after problem as you can probably imagine.  I
> > > know I'm probably gonna start
> > What are you having for problems?  I have built many lfs
> > systems from FC2, although the cd's were made from iso's from a
> > few months ago.  I only had to upgrade the kernel and
> > module-init-tools and it ran well the rest of the time.
> > Actually, if I remember correctly, xfree and so on all ran well
> > after the upgrade, just sound not.  So, what do you have for
> > problems?
> Justin were you building lfs 6 or 5.1.1 ?
>
> Because the issue is with FC2 and LFS 5.X
IIRC there where a couple of threads related to FC2 in the
archive ... I seem to remember that mostly the commodation to this
was to switch to FC1 or something, but I can be wrong ... ;)
I would recommend you to search the archives ... ;)
HTH
Thomas.

--
Registered GNU-Linux user #177087 @ http://counter.li.org