Distro for building LFS

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sun Sep 19 17:27:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, September 19, 2004 4:28 pm, Jason Brooks said:
> I am using Fedora Core 2 to attempt to build LFS. I have run into problem
> after problem as you can probably imagine.  I know I'm probably gonna
> start
> an argument here, but what is the best distro to build from?  BTW I am
> doing
> the build on a VMWare virtual machine.  And how unstable is the testing
> book? Is it buildable or crashes like windows?

Fedora core 2 will not properly build LFS 5.1.1 because of the newer
toolchain components included with FC2.  The testing version of LFS is
very stable, only a few weeks away from release as LFS 6.0, and would make
a terriffic system.

Building inside VMWare comes with it's own special issues that might crop
up, but should be doable - I've done it before.

-J-