Distro for building LFS

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 19 17:25:27 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 20:22 -0400, Joel Miller wrote:
> Jason Brooks wrote:
> > I am using Fedora Core 2 to attempt to build LFS. I have run into problem
> > after problem as you can probably imagine.  I know I'm probably gonna start
> > an argument here, but what is the best distro to build from?  BTW I am doing
>
> I always do it from knoppix or an LFS boot CD. Jeremy Huntwork is hard
> at work currently building a CD that will be released with the 6.0 book.
> Jeremy's current version of the CD is available at
> http://mirrors.angelinacounty.net/mirrors/lfs-boot-cd/

Actually, that link is broken.  The real link is
http://mirrors.angelinacounty.net/lfs-boot-cd/

Also, that location has the *first* cd in this new series, there's been
a couple of changes and the most recent ones are here:

ftp://ftp.lfs-matrix.de/pub/lfs-boot-cd/

I haven't been able to get in touch with the admin at angelinacounty.net
to update to the most recent isos, so ATM, ftp.lfs-matrix.de is the way
to go.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net