Distro for building LFS

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Sun Sep 19 17:22:39 PDT 2004

Jason Brooks wrote:
> I am using Fedora Core 2 to attempt to build LFS. I have run into problem
> after problem as you can probably imagine.  I know I'm probably gonna start
> an argument here, but what is the best distro to build from?  BTW I am doing

I always do it from knoppix or an LFS boot CD. Jeremy Huntwork is hard
at work currently building a CD that will be released with the 6.0 book.
Jeremy's current version of the CD is available at
http://mirrors.angelinacounty.net/mirrors/lfs-boot-cd/ and knoppix is
available at http://www.knopper.net/knopix if I'm not mistaken.

> the build on a VMWare virtual machine.  And how unstable is the testing
> book? Is it buildable or crashes like windows?

Testing is quite buildable. Testing is going to be released as 6.0 RSN.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182