Embarked System

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 16 11:58:14 PDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:51:29 +0200
<vincent.vandaele at tele2.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The last year for my project I make a lfs and a blfs and I had a good
> mark 17/20

Wow - I wish my uni would let me read a book, follow it's instructions
and give me marks for doing it :)

> Now my university wants I do a Linux for Embarked system

I think you mean for an _embedded_ system.

> So I want to know if it’s possible to make a lfs and blfs for a
> Embarked system. Our Embarked system will br a pocket pc of Hewlett
> Packard

Well, it _should_ be possible (I say _should_ as I have no experience
with embedded systems at all).  You'll have to deviate from the
book I would imagine. I'd think glibc would be too heavyweight, so you'd
need to use dietlibc, uclibc, or some other light(er) C library. I
believe there's hints for at least one of those. For the rest, I'll
leave you to do your own research - this is_your_ uni project after all!

Regards,

Matt.